Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Maps #32

Activity #1: I loved the "100 things to do with Google Maps".
My search was in answer to the question: I need to know where all the libraries are close to my home. How do I find them? From the list, I chose Find a US or Canadian Library and searched by zip code. I found 20 libraries within a 50 mile radius from my home. I could really feed my reading habit with no challenge at all.


Activity #2: I have just finished reading a mystery that was about Buckingham Palace. I got really excited about the Terra Server website that allows aerial views of historic sights. I wanted to see Buckingham Palace via an aerial site, but either the site was down or not working well. It seems like a good idea, but was somewhat disappointing. For anyone interested, here is the website
Terra Server

No comments: