Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Claimed my blog and struck gold

Add to Technorati Favorites


Week 6 #14: What an interesting discovery exercise we had today. When I performed a keyword search in Technorati, there were over 35,000 hits on learning, learning 2.0 and web 2.0. This was more narrow in tag search, but there were still over 27,000 hits in blogs, photos, videos and posts. I found IHCPL 2.0 in one of the videos in my tag search. My final attempt in the blog directory search only had 722 hits. Having these rated by relevance was helpful. As I scanned the top 100 favs list, I was surprised at the diversity of human interest here and what a multi-language site it has become. Many of the blogs on the top favs are commercial as well as personal. These might not be my choice of the top favs, but perhaps my interests are more narrow. The world is a big place and what better evidence than what Technorati offers us.

I did not complete the full challenge exercise as yet, but I did claim my blog and add a site to my watchlist.

No comments: