Monday, November 19, 2007

Week 10: #23

I am from the era when we used manual typewriters to compose our work and memograph machines to print. I love that we have come so far from that time. Some weeks ago, I had never even heard of Web 2.0 and now it has become a major part of my life. Social networking clearly is expanded with MySpace, Blogger and Flickr. Access to Goodreads, Readers Robot and Library Elf are a real plus for librarians and patrons. YouTube blends the 2 areas (personal and professional) together. YouTube is not only just a fun spot on the net, but a great place for online training videos. I feel the library should do more of this. It is a time saver and economical as well in this time period of expensive travel. Web 2.0 has not only enhanced my internet communications personally, but has altered my networking abilities professionally as well. Someone on the internet called it a “shift of attitude”. We have gone from thinking we have it all at the library to knowing we need more.

No comments: