Monday, November 12, 2007

Week 9: # 20

This past weekend, a friend was telling my husband and I about a particular presidential candidate, whose name I will not mention. His identity is not relevant to the point of this discussion. The conversation sparked my interest, so I searched YouTube to discover his views and experience. Needless to say, I found all and more than I expected. In fact, I went from never having heard of the man to being able to put him in my list of candidates to consider as a future leader of our country. What a great resource for library patrons and students searching for information to use in debates.

In addition to searching for ways to increase my knowledge about politics, I have found YouTube to be an amazing source for listening to and viewing my favorite music and singers. I hear a song on the radio once and wish for other opportunities to listen to that tune again. YouTube allows that to happen. This could be a good source to help patrons identify musical data needed for pleasure or educational purposes.

No comments: