Monday, January 12, 2009

#41 Going Green Part 2

I have just recently begun to recycle aluminum cans again. The price varies but it sure feels good to know I am doing my little part. My daughter and her sons began recycling about the same time I did and use the money to buy special treats. We all feel it is a great way to teach children ...and ourselves to be more environmentally conscious.

When we lived up north, there was no trash pickup service unless you paid a hefty price for it. We had to recycle all our paper, plastic, cans, foil and sort it out when we got to the recycling center. If you had common kitchen trash, you had to buy special trash bags from the grocer to put it in. It would take a much bigger committment on my part to go back to total recycling, but I know I need to do it again and the world needs me to do it.

A great way to handle junk mail is to take it to a recyling center after it has been shredded, then they can sell it to businesses for packing purposes.

No comments: