Wednesday, January 14, 2009

#44 Consumer How to & Make

My topic of choice was: How to hang Drywall on walls and ceilings. Hummm!! Does that tell you anything about what’s happening in my life. Although I would not physically be able to complete such a large project on my own or even with help, the visuals and printed instructions were extremely well done on some of the sites. I will highly recommend these sites to my favorite handyman. A person could understand how to get the materials and necessary tools for their project with the information provided on these sites. At the very least, they would have an idea what a project of this magnitude would cost after researching these sites for information.

Instructables didn’t appeal to me. I was not impressed with this site; the search engine did not provide information specific to my project.

I thought eHow and WikkiHow were the best sites. They both have excellent search engines. HowStuffWorks includes illustrations with their printed instructions.

Quamat did not have a good search engine. It found results for Dry Wall such as “dry the wall with a clean dry cloth”.

Video Jug had incredible color and topics but not what I needed. The search engine found these results for dry wall “installing shelves on dry wall”.

Expert Village had pictures and audio that were amazingly clear on the videos, but like Video Jug did not have results for the topic I wanted.

For the do-it-yourself person, there is a wealth of great information on the internet today.

No comments: