Tuesday, January 13, 2009

#43 Consumer's How to - Buying and Selling

I have used Ebay a lot and I love it. It is easy to navigate within the site. As a new buyer or seller, you have to build up your reputation. When you are quick to pay, you earn points for that. When you are quick to ship an item and it is received as advertised, you get points for that as well. The better your reputation is, the more others want to do business with you. Feedback is important because everyone sees it on the Ebay site. I have bought everything from shoes to DVDs.

It is a great resource for Christmas gifts and saves on shopping at the mall. Setting up a paypal account is the best way to purchase items and the fastest. The seller does not have to wait for payment through the mail and you do not have to wait longer for items to be shipped out.

I have used craigslist to a lesser degree, but have searched on it a lot to see what is available. I have been looking at materials in the Houston area to use in a personal home construction. I found flooring, light fixtures and kitchen cabinets. I can see the pictures of the items and then decide if it is worthwhile to go view and purchase them.

No comments: